Sample of Dr. Song's teaching
- High school’s various chemistry courses and chemistry class’ GPA
- AP, SAT II Chemistry and USNCO test prepareation
- The importance of chemistry classes in the college application process
Dr. Song's students have made great achievements in this school year (2017-18) again in the United States National Chemistry Olympiad (or USNCO).
A top private school student scored 52 /60 in the qualifying round to move to the national level. She is also one of the top 150 students.
Santa Clara County is a very challenging school environment with only around 15 seats for qualifying students. Only a maximum of 2 students can qualify in every high school.
Another asian student from Mountain View taking a USNCO with Dr. Song qualified at the national level in 2017 this year. The student was accepted at Stanford, MIT and Brown PLME, one of the most competitive pre-medical programs.
More than 80% of our chemistry students have scored a 5 on their AP tests, including those taking honors chemistry in high school.
95% of students taking the chemistry SAT scored at least 750, and over 50% of students scored an 800.
|H Chemistry||7/1-8/16, 2019||1:00-3:30pm||$1480/21 lessons; $75 each lesson||M, W, F||Dr. Song|
|AP Chemistry||7/1-8/16, 2019||4:00-6:30pm||$1850/21 lessons; $90 each lesson||M, W, F||Dr. Song|
|SAT II Chemistry |
(August 24 test date)
|7/26-8/16, 2019||6:30-9:00pm||$950/10 lessons|
|M, W, F||Dr. Song|
|SAT II Chemistry |
(Oct 5 test date)
|7/27-9/28, 2019||6:30-9:00pm||$950/10 lessons|
|SAT II Chemistry |
(11/2 test date)
|8/24-10/26, 2019||4:00-6:30pm||$950/10 lessons|
|H Chemistry||8/25/19-2/02/20||2:00-4:00pm||$1480/21 lessons; $90 each lesson||Sunday||Dr. Song|
|AP Chemistry||8/25/19-2/02/20||4:30-7:00pm||$1850/21 lessons; $90 each lesson||Sunday||No class 12/16, 12/23, 12/30||Dr. Song|
|Chemistry Regular/H/AP/SAT||by request||$90/hr for 1 on 1.|
$60/hr for 1 on 2
$50/hr for 1 on 3
$35/hr for 1 on 4 & more
|Starting June 1st 2019;|
1:1 USNCO $150/hr
AP, SAT II, H $100/hr
$65/hr for 1 on 2
$55/hr for 1 on 3
$45/hr for 1 on 4
|Special small group classes (AP, Honors) by high schools||by request||Send email to email@example.com more detail info.|
|Olympiad Chemistry USNCO||by request||$120/hr||Dr. Song|
*All tuition fees are for group classes with more than four students
SpringLight Education Chemistry Courses
- Description: AP Chemistry course will not only foster the students on the deeper level of learning and understanding of broader chemistry knowledge, but it also facilitates the students to develop the advanced inquiry and reasoning skills such as collecting and analyzing data, applying mathematical routines and connecting concepts in and across domains. The goal is to prepare the students for the study of advanced topics in college-level courses.
- Prerequisite: Algebra II recommended
- For students who successfully complete a year chemistry course or for the students with high motivation without chemistry background or taking chemistry class at high school.
- Description: Honors Chemistry is a course that introduces the fundamental language, ideas, concepts and basic principles used in the study of chemistry. It covers key topics, fosters skills necessary to describe chemical processes and behaviors, and prepares students to solve numerical and verbal problems in chemistry. Upon completion, students will have a solid foundation in chemistry and will be prepared for AP Chemistry, AP Biology, and college-level chemistry courses.
- Prerequisite: Algebra I
- For high school students or self-motivated middle school students.
SAT II Chemistry Exam
- Description: Review the key concepts and core knowledge in chemistry that are tested in SAT Chemistry exam. The goal is to prepare the students to achieve the better test scores.
- Course format: Students are expected to do a lot of practice tests both at home and in class to get ready for the SAT Subject Chemistry exam.
- Prerequisite: At least ONE year Honor Chemistry course or AP Chemistry course
Schedule: 10-weeks review course, specific schedule varies depending on SAT test dates.