Questions asked by parents who have signed up:
– In addition to preparing the portforlio, does Brian pick an art form he will focus on and does he choose the school based on what he wants to focus on?
– How important is GPA and SAT / ACT scores compared to art portfolio?
– What are somethings to pay special attention for the art portfolio pieces? Any lessons and key learnings? How best to demonstrate creativity through the art portfolio.
– Most art schools now don’t ask for recommendation letters? Do you think recommendations letters are still important? What are your suggestions regarding this?
– From your observation, what are some easy to apply art schools and some most difficult ones?
Judging solely off his GPA and his SAT scores, Brian seems to be just another average Asian boy. It wasn’t until he was in middle school that he realized he had a liking for art. When Brian became a freshman, he took Drafting instead of Art I, due to the difficulty in being selected for the latter. However, when he became a junior, he was able to convince the art teacher to let him skip into Art 3.
At first, Brian had no idea how to even start an art portfolio. Even without a private art teacher, he was utilized all the resources available to him at his high school and produced an incredibly creative portfolio. The end result? Brian was accepted by every school he applied to.
Brian attended a very competitive high school. In the midst of peers who had strong academic accolades, how did his parents help him express his talents?
Even if you’re not appling to an art school, an art portfolio can bolster your college application and help you stand out. Don’t have years of art experience? That’s ok! You can still make an art portfolio even for those top colleges and make your application shine.
您的孩子想要用art portforlio 作为申请大学的增加光彩的部分吗？
请报名参加这次讲座。Address: 1340 S De Anza Blvd. Suite 204, San Jose, CA 95129 Time: April 25th, Saturday 1:30-3:30pm. Fee: $30/person. $50/two family members Contact: 408-366-2204,
Brian’s portfolio can be seen at: http://brianpea.tumblr.com
The following is a list of schools that Brian has been accepted to:Rhode Island School of Design University of California, Los Angeles Emily Carr University of Art and Design Maryland Institute College of Art Minneapolis College of Art and Design Otis College of Art and Design San Jose State University Savannah College of Art and Design School of Visual Arts 陳巧文博士， 從事薬物研發近16年，並取得神學院家庭輔導事工碩士。