SpringLight USABO Training Results
SpringLight guarantees success. Since Winter of 2013 SpringLight started USABO training class for students in 7th to 12th grade., every year we have 30% to 50% of total students qualifying for the semifinals, and every year we've had one student qualify for the finals to the top 20 in the entire nation. In 2018 total 17 students qualified as semifinalist and two of them are in the national top 50.
In 2019 at least 25 students qualified as semifinalist. At least 9 of them are 8th and 9th graders.
Every year we have 9th graders qualifying for the USABO semifinal.
Most of our students receive a score of 5 on their AP biology test.
Many of them score an 800 on the SAT II Biology.
In Fall of 2015 we had a student who, by participating in the online video class model, got a score of 36 on the USABO open exam in February 2016 and qualified for the semi-final, scored 149 on the USABO semifinal exam in March 2016 and qualified for the final. He was accepted by all of the top colleges he applied to. In 2017 a SpringLight's student qualified as finalist also only took our online class.
USABO Training Class
Test Book: Campbell Biology (9th Edition)
The Online Video Packege includes:
- Reading Guide: Format is Google Doc.
- Videos: Private Videos. Total 15 sessions. Each session has around 3 hours video.
- Home Work: multiple choice and free response questions
It is recommended that students have some biology background.
Class Goal: To improve student’s GPA and AP score, reach USABO Open exam
SpringLight also offer online same time class which the students can have interaction with the teacher.
The classis to prepare students for the USABO competition by
(1) covering every single chapter in Campbell Biology 9th edition text
(2) completing a variety of practice problems
(3) reading and discussing a variety of supplementary materials
Suggestion for students to study online video AP/USABO class:
1.Follow the Reading Guide to read the Campbell Biology textbook first.
2. Watch the class video and take class notes.
3. Do the homework.
Contact: SpringLightOffice@gmail.com, Phone: 408-480-7547; wechat ID: bayecho
Order Mrs. Webster's Online Video Biology Class
To order the online video class, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title as "Biology Online Video" with the student's name, gmail address and parent's name, phone number, email address, and the video class name.
We accept the following payments:Make a note of student name and class/date(important!)on the payment.
- Check payable to SpringLight Education
- Online banking pay to: Spring.Light.Edu@gmail.com. For most online bank its free, ask your bank for Zelle pay for details about your online sending money.
- PayPal to Spring.Light.Edu@gmail.com. There may be a 3.5% fee charged by PayPal. Add 3.5% to your payment.
2017-2018 USABO Class Video: $1260
2017-2018 AP Biology Class Video: $900
2018 summer and fall USABO Class Video: $1335
2018 summer and fall AP biology Class Video: $960
(The whole package + grading available for homework + answer email questions.)
The extra private tutoring fee is $100/hr. (Each tutoring session be a minimum of 30 minutes)
There are three methods for tutoring if students need one-on-one tutoring:
1. Email (students send a list of questions and the teacher replies with answers)
2. Phone call
3. Skype (Face to face meeting online)
(Students can try a 30 minute video for free.)
With over 10 years of tutoring and editing experience, Mrs. Webster specializes in teaching biology, preparing students for standardized testing, and editing college applications. Funny, articulate, and knowledgeable, she is often referred to as "the best teacher" by her students.
Raised by Jewish parents, Mrs. Webster was a National Merit Scholar. Funded by a thirty-thousand dollar writing scholarship, she earned a BS in biology minoring in Studio Art at Lake Forest College, Illinois. She the studied neuroscience at UAB and received a M.S. in Biomedical Science.