High School Chemistry and Research Seminar
Chemistry Seminar Slides
Sample video of Dr. Ho's class
|Intro to Chemistry||9/18 to 12/11, 2021||2:30-4:00pm||$680/12 sessions|
|4:30-6:30pm||$1480/21 lessons; |
|4:30-6:30pm||$1500/21 lessons; $75/lesson||Sunday||No class 11/28||Dr. He|
|Special small group classes (AP, Honors) by high schools||by request||AP, H $100/hr|
$60/hr for 1 on 2
$50/hr for 1 on 3
|Olympiad Chemistry USNCO||by request||Local exam: $120/hr|
National exam: $150/hr
*We accept the following payments: Make a note of student name and class/date(important!) on the payment.
- Online banking pay through Zelle: Spring.Light.Edu@gmail.com. Payee's Business name: SpringLight Education. For most online bank it's free, ask your bank for Zelle pay for details about your online sending money.
- Check payable to SpringLight Education, you can email the front and back pictures of the check to us. Or send the paper check to us by mail, or drop off it at our office.
Address: 20432 Silverado Ave, Ste 7, Cupertino, CA 95014
Payment need to be received before the 2nd class. Late payment will have $50 penalty.
SpringLight Education Chemistry Courses
- Description: AP Chemistry course will not only foster the students on the deeper level of learning and understanding of broader chemistry knowledge, but it also facilitates the students to develop the advanced inquiry and reasoning skills such as collecting and analyzing data, applying mathematical routines and connecting concepts in and across domains. The goal is to prepare the students for the study of advanced topics in college-level courses.
- Prerequisite: Algebra II recommended
- For students who successfully complete a year chemistry course or for the students with high motivation without chemistry background or taking chemistry class at high school.
- Description: Honors Chemistry is a course that introduces the fundamental language, ideas, concepts and basic principles used in the study of chemistry. It covers key topics, fosters skills necessary to describe chemical processes and behaviors, and prepares students to solve numerical and verbal problems in chemistry. Upon completion, students will have a solid foundation in chemistry and will be prepared for AP Chemistry, AP Biology, and college-level chemistry courses.
- Prerequisite: Algebra I
- For high school students or self-motivated middle school students.
SAT II Chemistry Exam
- Description: Review the key concepts and core knowledge in chemistry that are tested in SAT Chemistry exam. The goal is to prepare the students to achieve the better test scores.
- Course format: Students are expected to do a lot of practice tests both at home and in class to get ready for the SAT Subject Chemistry exam.
- Prerequisite: At least ONE year Honor Chemistry course or AP Chemistry course
Schedule: 10-weeks review course, specific schedule varies depending on SAT test dates.