University of Chicago’s acceptance rate this year was a record-low 7.2 % (last year 8.7%). The regular decision admit rate was 4%, and the admit rate for students who were deferred in the early round was just 0.5%.
Jonathan applied to UChicago regular decision, and was waitlisted.
He has several Bs, so UChicago looks like too much of a reach for him.
He doesn’t have any awards from competitions.
He has worked very hard and tried to serve as a student council officer, but failed.
He studied at Lynbrook high school only for 2 years, then he studied at De Anza College for another 2 years.
He appears to be a regular Asian boy with no specialty.
However, he is diligent and hardworking.
He is focused and responsible.
He knows what he wants and what he is doing.
What factors made him to stand out and finally get into UChicgo?
Register and listen Jonathan’s talk:
- His experience in High School, the Middle College and College Now Program
- How he developed his leadership
- The tips to get perfect scores for the standard tests
- UChicago and the UNIQUE essay!
- The secret to getting off the waitlist.
- How he deals with unfairness.
- What his parents have done for him during his high school and for his college application
Address: 20432 Silverado Ave, Ste 5, Cupertino
Time: May 11, Friday 7:30-9:00 pm.
Fee: $30/person. $50/two family members
Contact: 408-480-7547, 408-480-2505, email@example.com
Registration: https://goo.gl/yNVyqH & pay at the door.